FETFAN
Like with any site we are working out some of the bugs. If you run into something that isnt working right please post here with screen shots if possible. Thank you for your help FETFAN Staff
Be the first person to like this.
FETFAN

I am unable to see the help wanted section but my husband (who has a free art appreciator account)can see it. Is this purposeful or a bug?

should be good now let us know if it still persistSmile
LayaboutJoe

The problem I'm experiencing is a deluge of messages announcing there's been either a reply or vote on a contest thread to which I've posted. They arrive eight at a time (see attached image) for the same reply or vote. Yesterday I received forty-plus such messages; and today, so far, 20-plus have arrived--eight identical ones at a time.

I cannot locate a setting in my profile which enables me to disable these messages, nor do the messages contain an "unsubscribe" link. How can I stop this tsunami of notifications? Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Smile
Attachments
TheBarrage02.jpg 459.54 Kb . 498 Views
Last update on July 4, 5:40 pm by LayaboutJoe.
1 person likes this.
FETFAN
LayaboutJoe said...

The problem I'm experiencing is a deluge of messages announcing there's been either a reply or vote on a contest thread to which I've posted. They arrive eight at a time (see attached image) for the same reply or vote. Yesterday I received forty-plus such messages; and today, so far, 20-plus have arrived--eight identical ones at a time.

I cannot locate a setting in my profile which enables me to disable these messages, nor do the messages contain an "unsubscribe" link. How can I stop this tsunami of notifications? Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Smile

Awesome thank you very much for letting us know. I will forward this to the dev right now for him to look at itSmile Steph
LayaboutJoe
Thank you, Steph!

Smile
FETFAN
Just got an update one sec I will post again Steph
Last update on July 4, 11:17 pm by FETFAN Magazine.
1 person likes this.
FETFAN
haha just as I wrote the above long and boring post I got a response back from them about it. So I deleted it and now im writing thisSmile

The way to turn it off is to "unfollow"
Go to
http://www.fetfan.com/contest/1/1000-fetfan-social-guru/

and to the left where you would of Joined the contest right above the submit an entry you should see "unfollow"

Sometimes they move faster than I can keep up with lol Steph
1 person likes this.
Seduction by Louis
When I go to the Social Guru contest page, and click "Announcement" (because I've not figured out how to vote and it's not immediately obvious to me), I get a truncated explanation with a link to "View More". Clicking that takes me to this url: http://www.fetfan.com/core/redirect/url_eNortjK0UlJWsgZcMAjuAbs,/

with the following message:

"You are about to leave our site to vist: #"

Clicking the # (or the 'Click here to continue link') simply lands me in an endless loop at the following url:

http://www.fetfan.com/core/redirect/url_eNortjK0UlJWsgZcMAjuAbs,/#

...which is exactly the same page.

I'm using Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m, and can list installed extensions if that seems to be where the issue originates.
FETFAN
ok great thanks I will forward it

also to vote you just need to JOIN the contest
http://www.fetfan.com/contest/1/1000-fetfan-social-guru/

you will see Join to the left

once you have joined you can then vote on the images you would like
1 person likes this.
LayaboutJoe
Thank you, Steph, for responding to my plight! I went to that page you linked, only to discover the relevant radio button already showed "Follow"--which means, one would think, I wasn't following the contest in the first place. Hmm. Just to make sure the Electron-in-Chief got the message I clicked on "Follow" (which then dutifully changed to "Unfollow") then clicked on "Unfollow" (which changed to "Follow").

So, hopefully, something which didn't take hold before will kick in now and the tidal wave of messages (eight copies of each message) will retreat back into the Cyber Sea. I received nearly 100 messages from that contest's page this morning! Interestingly, the messages which were not from the contest page were not duplicated.

Unhappy
FETFAN
ok well that sounds like a bug to me.

that is how things are MEANT to notify lol

basically only the contest creator should be getting spammed anytime something happens if everything works as intended.
LayaboutJoe
FETFAN, I take it you're either working on this problem or have fixed it. Regardless, thanks for your help!

Smile
1 person likes this.
LayaboutJoe
I guess it hasn't been fixed, since I received another eight-copies-at-once notification from the contest thread this morning. Alas! Yesterday, since the "Unfollow" method hadn't worked, I clicked on the radio button labeled "Leave the contest" or words to that effect. Well, that hasn't stopped the eight-copies phenomenon either. It's only from the contest thread that I'm getting the eight-copies spamming: Notifications from other threads, such as this one, arrive in the traditional form of a single message.

Unhappy
FETFAN
Ok thanks we thought we had it fixed but I guess not you def shouldnt be getting messages like that.

So the messages are coming in like you own the contest right?
so it is saying something like blah blah voted on your entry?
FETFAN
Could you please Try to go into privacy and turn off email notifications please.

We would like to know if the mod is overriding the default notifications process, Mark
Last update on July 6, 8:00 pm by FETFAN Magazine.
LayaboutJoe
Thanks for your attention to this, Mark. I've just now turned off all the electronic-mail notifications in Privacy. Also, here's the entirety of an eight-copies-at-once message:

From - Sun Jul 07 01:20:59 2013
X-Account-Key: account5
X-UIDL: GmailId13fb82bb7f7fec53
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:
Delivered-To: layaboutjoe@gmail.com
Received: by 10.64.14.66 with SMTP id n2csp129164iec;
Sun, 7 Jul 2013 01:07:20 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.182.237.82 with SMTP id va18mr17018527obc.0.1373184440022;
Sun, 07 Jul 2013 01:07:20 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <fetfan@server.fetfan.com>
Received: from server.fetfan.com (server.fetfan.com. [64.31.32.46])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id kn10si9545204oeb.31.2013.07.07.01.07.19
for <LayaboutJoe@gmail.com>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Sun, 07 Jul 2013 01:07:19 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of fetfan@server.fetfan.com designates 64.31.32.46 as permitted sender) client-ip=64.31.32.46;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of fetfan@server.fetfan.com designates 64.31.32.46 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=fetfan@server.fetfan.com
Received: from fetfan by server.fetfan.com with local (Exim 4.80.1)
(envelope-from <fetfan@server.fetfan.com>)
id 1Uvknm-0007zJ-QQ
for LayaboutJoe@gmail.com; Sun, 07 Jul 2013 04:58:39 -0400
To: LayaboutJoe@gmail.com
Subject: Dr.who voted on Pigeon Foo's entry.
X-PHP-Script: www.fetfan.com/static/ajax.php for 174.138.216.93
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:58:38 +0000
Message-ID: <d39c416b7d638be335197de7e23897cd@www.fetfan.com>;
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.1 (phpmailer.sourceforge.net)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="b1_d39c416b7d638be335197de7e23897cd"
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.fetfan.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [519 32008] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - server.fetfan.com
X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: server.fetfan.com: authenticated_id: fetfan/from_h
X-Source: /usr/bin/php
X-Source-Args: /usr/bin/php /home/fetfan/public_html/static/ajax.php
X-Source-Dir: fetfan.com:/public_html/static

--b1_d39c416b7d638be335197de7e23897cd
Content-Type: text/plain; charset = "utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello LayaboutJoe,
Dr.who voted on Pigeon Foo's entry "<a
href="http://www.fetfan.com/contest/entry/8/kinbaku-bi/">Kinbaku-bi".
To see the vote thread, follow the link below:
<a
href="http://www.fetfan.com/contest/entry/8/kinbaku-bi/">http://www.fetfan.com/contest/entry/8/kinbaku-bi/
Kind Regards,
FETFAN Magazine

--b1_d39c416b7d638be335197de7e23897cd
Content-Type: text/html; charset = "utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello LayaboutJoe,

Dr.who voted on Pigeon Foo's entry "Kinbaku-bi".

To see the vote thread, follow the link below:

http://www.fetfan.com/contest/entry/8/kinbaku-bi/

Kind Regards,

FETFAN Magazine

--b1_d39c416b7d638be335197de7e23897cd--

Unhappy